Monday, May 29, 2023

Remembering Ignacio

 

On this Memorial Day 2023, it is my honor to wear one of the medals awarded Ignacio P. Mouet, my late father-in-law. Below are words that my late husband Gerardo Mouet penned on November 22, 2022 on his Facebook page, approximately four months before he passed:

The bravest man I have ever known was my Dad. They called him Ruso. As a Mexican national he volunteered in 1944 to become U.S. soldier. He gambled he would survive WW II and that the U.S. side would win. If all that happened he would become a U.S. Citizen and would be able to better take care of his beautiful Tijuana girlfriend that will eventually he would marry and ended becoming my mom [Migdalia Salinas].
My Dad has inspired me to start writing my first novel. If you look closely, you will see a business size Christmas card by his commanding general, General G. S. Patton Jr.
—Gerardo Mouet (November 22, 2022) 

Thank you to Ignacio and all others who served. We honor you.



No comments:

Post a Comment